Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 2013: Ipsy Bag

I received my October Ipsy Bag today. Ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription for $14.95 CAD. Every month they send out five personalized beauty, hair or skincare products in a cute little bag. This time I already knew what is going to be in the bag because for some reason Ipsy unlocked the glam room beforehand. But nonetheless, I was just as exited as I always am. This month's bag is white with red font saying "Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art". 


This month's bag included: Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush, Bella Terra Mineral Shimmer, Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Volumizing Gel,  Zoya Nail Polish and LA Fresh Oil Free Wet Face Wipes. 

Above: Coastal Scents Medium Synthetic Shadow Brush; Below: Coastal Scents Medium Natural Shadow Brush.

Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush: When I saw this brush in my glam room I wasn't very happy because I already have a CS Medium brush. However, I didn't know that the one I own is synthetic while this one is natural. Both the brushes are very different. The synthetic is stiff, short and thick while natural one is super soft and long. It sheds a little but still it is an okay brush to pat down the eye shadow.


Bella Terra Mineral Cosmetics Mineral Shimmer in Emotion: For some reason, all the subscriptions boxes send a lot of loose mineral shadows which I am not a huge fan of because they are very messy to use. But other than that, it is a beautiful soft shimmery purple shade. 


Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel: I really love this brand in general so I am quite excited about this product. Especially because I have very fine hair and gels don't work for me. But this one feels really light and non-sticky to touch so hopefully it won't disappoint. 


Zoya Nail Polish in Neve: This is a gorgeous shimmery navy blue color. Zoya nail polishes retail for around $10-11 + taxes in Canada so this polish alone makes the bag worth it. Also, I am a nail polish fanatic so any nail polish is welcome. 


LA Fresh Oil Free Face Cleanser Wipes: When I saw these wipes online I was honestly disappointed because I am allergic to certain ingredients that are present in almost all the wipes. However, I am pleasantly surprised with these as their claim of natural ingredients is true to the core as even the fragrance that is used is natural. The wipes have a very subtle fresh fruity scent. Also, the packaging is beautiful and nice quality. Overall, I love these wipes and would definitely buy them in future. 


Do you have monthly subscription? If yes, which one? And would you recommend it?

No comments:

Post a Comment