Thursday, September 12, 2013

Real Techniques Brush Alternatives NOT Dupes: Even More Affordable

Brushes are a necessity for some people and I am definitely one of them. But finding good quality affordable brushes is a challenge even though some companies are getting into the race. However, problems arises due to the lack of convenient locations or high shipping costs.  Real Technique brushes are one of the affordable and good quality brushes available in the market and recently Walmart has started carrying them. But I have found even more affordable alternatives. 


If you look at the picture above, all the brushes look similar except the color of the barrels, but the difference is that the first four are a different brand from the rest, which are Real Techniques brushes. I found these brushes on ebay for just $2.60 - $3.05 while Real Techniques brushes are above $10 for the individual ones. I bought them a few months ago so the prices may have increased or decreased. 


Round Brush

I have never seen this brand before, but as you can see in the picture it is either called Joursna or Joursno Professional brush. On ebay, there were two colors, pink and baby blue. But I went for pink because they look similar to Real Techniques line. 

Angled Brush - Sorry it looks dirty because I used it for Powder Foundation  

Tapered Brush

Stippling Brush

I checked several sellers and all have the same five styles, flat top, angled, rounded, stippling and tapered. I bought all except the flat top because I already have enough of those. As far as the quality is concerned, they are really soft, dense and synthetic. I have washed them several times and they have noticed no shedding at all whatsoever. Also, the bristles for the angled brush seem yellow, and it is because I have used it with powder foundation, so I am sorry about its color in the picture. 


Left: Round Brush; Right: Sigma F82

In the above picture, you can see the comparison between the round brush and Sigma F82. The only difference I feel is Sigma one is more dense and tight. Also, I feel that this round brush is more comparable to Real Techniques Buffing brush in terms of density. But they are not flimsy at all whatsoever. In addition, they clean up really easily and do not take too long to dry. I have been using them for over 6-7 months are they are holding up great so I would definitely recommend you to check these out as they are super inexpensive. If you want these brushes, it would be best you can search them as "Professional Powder Blush Brush Cosmetic Stipple Foundation Brush Makeup Tool" or some of these words and go for the cheapest option available.

Have you tried these brushes? If yes, do you like them? If no, are you going to try them?

Thank you for taking time to read this post, I hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment