Thursday, September 5, 2013

NOTD: A Splash of Pinky Lavender

Today's manicure may not be very creative but I had to share it for the beauty of the color. It is such a stunning pinky lavender color that you will have to see it in person to appreciate it fully. It is NYC nailpolish in Lincoln Square Lavender. I do not own the Essie nail polish in A splash of Grenadine, but it looks similar in the pictures. Please correct me if I am making a wrong comparison since I don't own the Essie one. 


NYC nail polishes are super cheap. I do not remember the exact price because I bought it a year or two ago, but I believe it is around $3-4. It is super cheap but the formula is really good. 


I  have two coats of polish here along with Revlon gel base and top coat. The polish is nice consistency and doesn't take too long to dry. However, I must say that the formula is a hit or miss in this line. I own a magenta shade from the same line which is super streaky and requires multiple coats. 


Also, the color appears a little different in person and is not so pink as it looks in the pictures. It is a different from usual pinks and  lavenders, and the camera is just not picking it up. Let me know how you feel about this particular shade  if you own it. 

Thank you for taking time to read this post, I hope you enjoyed it. Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment