Tuesday, February 23, 2016

February 2016: Ipsy Bag

This month's ipsy theme was "Pretty in #IPSYPINK" and I received the following five products: Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment, Luxie Beauty Flat Definer Brush 221, Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil, Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lipgloss in Pink Sequin, and Jersey Shore Cosmetics Vanilla Bean Anti-Aging Lip and Hand Polish.
 
Before I begin, I would like to mention that this month's ipsy bag was a total fail for me. I personally did not like any product so this review is going to be a little negative.
 
 
Jersey Shore Cosmetics Vanilla Bean Anti-Aging Lip and Hand Polish.: This is basically a brown sugar scrub but is super greasy and oily. It leaves a weird film on the hands so I really don't like it.
 
Luxie Beauty Flat Definer Brush 221: A simple and decent flat definer brush. It looks nice but I personally don't have a use for yet another brush.
 
Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Primer Oil: This is the size of hundred points perk at Sephora. Unfortunately, it did not work for my skin.
 
Product accumulates in the rim and the lid due to the lack of a sifter or cover for the pigment.
 
 
 Naked Cosmetics Mica Pigment in Sierra Nevada: Just last month, I mentioned how I am not a fan of loose pigments but received another one from Ipsy this month. This one is exceptionally messy because it does not have sifter to hold the pigment in, so a lot of product accumulates in the rim of the container and the lid. Also, the color is just a regular bronze and not unique enough to go through the trouble.
 
 
Vintage by Jessica Liebeskind Sparkling Lip gloss in Pink Sequin: The name explains the shade very well. It is straight up shimmer particles in a goopy and sticky base, so I do not like it at all.
 
So, overall this month's Ipsy bag was a huge disappointment for me. I have been an Ipsy subscriber since 2011 and I feel its the time to let it go because a lot of brands that are sent by Ipsy are not even available in Canada, so even if I like something I can't order it. Also, due to the horrible exchange rate and extra shipping charges, the Canadian subscribers pay double the amount for mediocre products, and the few high end items that are sent can be redeemed as point perks for free at Sephora.
 
What is your opinion about Ipsy and other subscription bags? Do you have any recommendations? I am looking for other subscription services that ship to Canada.
 
Thank you so much for taking time to read this post. Hope you have a great day!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment